Smart Homes and Virtual Assistants
A smart home has devices and systems, such as access control, appliances, climate, entertainment, and lighting, that can be controlled by computer, smartphone or virtual assistant.
Popular smart home systems include Apple HomeKit and Google Home.
A virtual assistant is a software agent that performs tasks on behalf of a person. People often interact with their virtual assistants via voice interaction.
Popular virtual assistants include Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, and Google Assistant. Virtual assistants are integrated across many platforms, such as:
- Smart speakers (e.g. Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod, Google Home).
- Operating systems (e.g. Apple Siri in iOS, Google Assistant in Android).
- Smartphones (e.g. Bixby on Samsung Galaxy and Note).
- Messaging platforms (e.g. Facebook M, WeChat Secretary).
- Appliances, cars, and wearable devices.
Virtual assistants are often used to control smart homes.
AnyConnect enables cameras to be integrated with Amazon Alexa smart home systems, and users to query and control cameras through Alexa Skills. For example, AnyConnect enables a user to stream to camera to a Fire TV display or Echo Show/Spot:
AnyConnect enables cameras to be integrated with Google Home smart home systems, and users to query and control cameras through Google Assistant and Actions on Google. For example, AnyConnect enables a user to stream to camera to a Chromecast display / Google Home Hub:
AnyConnect Smart Home and Virtual Assistant Support enables camera (and other connected device) onboarding in seconds, maximizing customer and user satisfaction while maintaining security and compliance with data protection and privacy regulations. AnyConnect Smart Home and Virtual Assistant Support delivers:
- Single point of control. Control all of your cameras, and your smart home devices and systems, from your virtual assistant.
- Maximize home security. Combine your connected cameras with access control, lighting, and other smart home devices and systems for maximum home security – whether you’re in the house or around the world.