Marketing Communications Specialist
AnyConnect is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team.
Details about this career opportunity
AnyConnect is looking for a top tier Marketing Communications Specialist to secure coverage in high-profile trade, tech and mainstream publications for our innovative products, services and solutions.
We want to promote our amazing, people, working culture, leadership and the fantastic growth story that AnyConnect is pursuing.
You have a good understanding of the media world and demonstrable experience of successful pitches and story development with prominent publishers.
AnyConnect needs you to deliver a holistic integrated marketing and communications strategy so you will develop attention-grabbing, high-quality business stories with fresh angles to attract local and global media.
You are a pro-active, results-oriented individual unafraid of taking personal responsibility for AnyConnect’s public profile. You should be an articulate communicator in both the spoken and written form.
What exactly you’ll be doing
- Take an ownership position of PR activations for the company.
As a part of this, you will build, identify an engage an effective network of publishers. You will then accurately segment media by type, relevance and tier for us to best determine and plan around media activations to meet organisational objectives. Finally, you’ll plan for monthly media strategy objectives and develop necessary material to achieve our over-arching corporate goal of ensuring visible PR traction for the company
- You’ll plan what to write. Then write it. A lot.
Create and develop AnyConnect stories to build out our brand with broad technical and non-technical audiences. Develop media packages, boiler-plates and media strategy templates for the company.
- Nurture relations and contacts with new and existing media contacts and publishers.
You’ll talk to important media people. Establish that professional and personal connection. Then leverage on it to further our media distribution goals in a way that is advantageous to us.
- Craft and optimize our internal PR distribution strategy.
Explore digital PR services like PR Newswire, Business Wire, PR CO, NewsBox. Build out industry benchmarks, and identify how AnyConnect’s media strategies will be measured against the said information.
- Post and pre-event or exhibition PR.
Map out the tech/corporate exhibition and award season, identify suitable opportunities and ensure appropriate participation for AnyConnect. Identify the associated press platforms that works well with specific events globally.
- Develop and execute media strategies with our corporate partners.
You’ll support the realization of communal goals with our industry partners.
- You are independent, pro-active and enjoy responsibility.
We’re looking to build a team of self-starters, and this profile requires someone who fits that profile. As the job comes with a great degree of autonomy, you should have a sense of ownership with tasks you’re on, and know when to prioritize, flag, close and open tasks as needed by situations.
- You are creative, imaginative and diligent and enjoy operating without micro-management.
We’re looking for a spirited individual, who appreciates that you will not be micro-managed in your area of expertise, and instead lead and decide priorities based on your professional expertise, to deliver results.
- You are an effective communicator and team player unafraid to state your opinion in a constructive manner
You should know how to present complex ideas and plans well, in a way that can be clearly understood by stakeholders who might not speak the PR lingo. You understand that people have differing opinions, and know to approach disagreements with respect and tact.
- You have led or closely supported the development of corporate media strategies on behalf of technology businesses.
We need someone with the experience and maturity to plan, document, communicate, execute and measure our communications strategy. You also have a knack for storytelling with the enthusiasm, paired with the ability to identify and develop stories which will capture attention
- You are a ‘bland to brand expert’, knowing how to spin otherwise stale stories into potential media winners.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of pitching and developing stories strategically, and getting them published.
- Over 4 years of experience in media strategy with at least two years working with the tech sector.
You’ll come with a promising amount of experience to get the job done.
- Impeccable command of the English language.
You’ll have the Queen’s English. Or Hemingway’s. Depending on the situation, you need to have the gift of weaving words together impeccably, with sound structure (better than this JD!). You’ll also need to navigate between writing American and British English, depending on different requirements.
- Core understanding of technology and how things work.
Understand and be interested in the attributes and benefits of IaaS / SaaS / PaaS, cameras, IoT and Machine Learning (in lieu of this, have a willingness to learn).
- An eye for design.
You’ll know a great image when you see it and (ideally) know how to take take or create great photos to accompany press releases.
- Understand social media, and modern media platforms.
Have excellent understanding of how to optimize corporate social media use, and how to best adapt media pieces for distribution on different channels.
- Be familiar with CRM tools (WordPress, HubSpot).
You’ll understand how internal content publishing works.
- Relevant technical education.
You should preferably have a minimum tertiary education in mass communications or media schools. Otherwise, your experience should reflect your interest for the role.